Monday, May 07, 2007

CRUNCH!

That was the awful sound I heard on Tuesday when I backed my new minivan into a cement post! Just a small sideswipe on a corner of the bumper, but still it pretty well ruined my day.
Other events this week:
Thursday morning I was lucky enough to be there when a friend (and fellow doula) had her 4th baby. I'd been there for her last birth, which was VERY quick, so when she called and told me she was at the birth center and already 9 cm, I got there lickety-split. Her labor & pushing were remarkably calm and peaceful, until the last push. Her 3 older children were all there for the birth, her 6 yo son even cut the cord! I was there only about 3 1/2 hours, a nice change from my last 36 hour birth!
My next client is also birthing at the birth center, which is one of my very favorite places to attend births, so I'm happy about that.
Yesterday we had my parents and my brother Tim & his family over, a celebration of my dad's birthday (last weekend) and Mother's Day (next weekend). We also watched old slides of my dad's childhood, the early years of their marriage, lots of baby pictures of Matt, and a few slides from later in the 80s (what was UP with the socks over the jeans, Sarah?). We'll be getting those slides, and a bunch of other, older photos, scanned someday and all my family members will get copies.
Otherwise everything here is just chugging along normally. We're all looking forward to summer vacation and a break from homework. I finished a preliminary outline for a course I am writing for the Midwives' College of Utah on Research Analysis & Statstics, so I'll get a break for a few days while I wait for feedback on that. Maybe I'll have some time to do some fun reading!
Yeah right. Not with all that laundry waiting.....oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home