Monday, March 05, 2007

I'm back!

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted. I've been wrestling with the new version of blogger, which so far I hate with a passion!
We finally had our UDA conference on the 24th of Feb. It was a huge success! We had 45 people in attendance, the biggest UDA conference so far. Attendees came from as far away as eastern Washington state! Here's a picture of me teaching at the conference:


(It only took me 10 minutes to get that picture uploaded and in the right place. Not loving the "improved" blogger....)
We've had quite a bit of snow the last 2 weeks - probably more than the rest of winter combined. 4 or 5 times we've gotten storms that have brought 6-10 inches apiece! The girls had fun building a "snow girl" (Complete with hair - a Thelma wig from when one of our neighbor families all dressed up as Scooby Doo Characters for Halloween) It's warm enough that most of it has melted, but there's still a good foot in the front yard (Never buying a north facing house again!)
I finally got a chance to read more of that book about the midwife. It turned bad a few chapters in and I gave up. Don't recommend it.
Saturday we took the family to the new version of the Children's Museum of Utah - I think they are calling it the Discovery Center, or something - it is in the Gateway, right across from the planetarium. We were celebrating accomplishing our goal of having every person in our family read the Book of Mormon individually between Halloween and Valentine's Day. (Brynn read the "Book of Mormon Stories" picture book that the church puts out instead) It was fun and the girls had a blast. Let's see if I can post some pictures:
The girls sitting in a Life Flight helicopter that is on the roof of the museum. It had realistic helicopter sounds, Brynn didn't like that very much.


As you can see, our imaginary son Stephen joined us at the pretend TV news studio for a broadcast.


Brynn is quite the dynamic weather girl! All three of the girls enjoyed playing weatherman.


Brynn dressed up in costume at the theater area. I asked her what she was dressed up as, and she just said "I'm BRYNN!"


Brynn's favorite thing. She wants to be a firefighter when she grown up, you know. They get to play with fire hydrants all day, after all.


Callie does not want to be a construction worker, but she dressed up in the gear anyway.

So that's what is new here. Hope everyone is doing well, and that you enjoyed this post, because it took me FORTY-FIVE MINUTES with the stupid new blogger.

2 Comments:

Blogger Real said...

A lot of people are having trouble with New Blogger. Sometimes I do, too. It's very frustrating. At least it's free...

8:02 AM  
Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

I loved the pictures of your girls and to see what they are up to!!! Looks like you had a great time! Keep the pictures and stories coming! :)

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home