Sunday, April 01, 2007

BIG NEWS!

OK, so we have two new and exciting things going on in the Lythgoe household, I couldn't even bring myself to post last weekend, because I couldn't think of anything to post that wouldn't spill the beans.
First, I've taken a new job on the faculty of the Midwives' College of Utah. I'll be teaching two classes, History of Midwifery (a required course for all students) and Childbirth Education (an elective with a much lower enrollment.) MCU is a fairly large, nationally accredited school that trains midwives worldwide.
Our second piece of news is even bigger. Darrin & I will be quite busy this summer, building a new home! Since Darrin's new job is in Lindon (Utah County) we have decided to move closer. We found a lot in Cedar Hills last week and will sign the contract on it tomorrow. (Originally I was going to wait until after we signed, but hey, I'm making the other announcement, so I may as well, right?) We've met with an architect and will be doing a custom home. Right now the plan is for about 5000 sq ft, 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath with an attached classroom/office (with separate entry and its own bathroom) for my teaching and for meeting with clients. We'll have a big playroom downstairs and laundry rooms on both floors (no more lugging it all up & down the stairs!) One room will be a library with lots of built-in bookshelves and a window seat with lots of pillows for a cozy reading spot. We'll also have a small sitting area in the master bedroom with a fireplace. And if we can fit it in the budget, I'll be getting the jetted tub I've always wanted! The lot is more than double the size of our current one, so we should be able to put in a shed, bigger garden, some fruit trees, and still have more room for something fun. We haven't decided if we'll do a trampoline, a big swingset/clubhouse thing, or maybe even a pool! The yard is so big Darrin's hoping to buy a riding lawnmower but we'll see how much money we have left after construction. We hope to have the place finished by August so we can get the girls started in their new schools at the beginning of the year.
We're very exited about the new house, but I'm kind of dreading getting this one ready and going through the whole "for sale" process. Just thinking about trying to get everything we own packed up, and keeping the house in showable condition for however long it takes is making me anxious. It was hard enough last time, and I only had two kids (Callie was not even crawling yet) - now I have three kids, and they're all messy! (Not that I am the neatest person, either....)
So we will be keeping you posted and I'll try and get pictures up as construction progresses over the summer. Cross your fingers that we can get things started by the end of the month!
Not much else is new around here, and frankly everyting else pales in comparison. I've got a mom due to have her baby any day now, Kyra & Callie both went to the eye doctor and desperately needed new lenses, I had a nice birthday adn Darrin & I went out for Indian food.
Oh, and Happy April Fools, everybody. Had you going with the house thing, didn't I? (The new job is true, though)

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

You TOTALLY got me!!! I was getting SOOO excited for you! I read as far as the 2 laundry room's then scrolled down to read "Happy April Fool's" Good job!!! :) And to think...we even IM'ed tonight about April Fool's and you STILL got me! I'll never trust you again!

8:33 PM  
Blogger timdonaldson said...

Jetted tub... nice

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home