Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bye-Bye Van!


This week we finally sold our old white van! It was quite the pain the neck. We almost sold it twice before, only to have the buyers back out at the last minute. Once we'd agreed on a price with this guy Wednesday night, he wanted to just write us a personal check. We weren't comfortable with that, so we made this deal. We'd take the check, and keep the van, title and keys, then go cash the check the next day when the banks were open, and once we had the money, he could pick up the van, keys & title Thursday evening. They wanted to do it Thursday during the day, but I was going to be gone all day at a conference, so they would just have to wait.

Well, long story short, the check was not cashable, because the guy who came to our house was not a signer on the account, he was using his dad's account, supposedly with permission, but again, who knows. So we called them up and told them it was a no-go on picking up the van. Well, they really, really wanted it, so we told them to bring a cashier's check and we took it to the bank to make sure it was good before we would sign over the title & turn over the van. Well, it was good, we signed everything over, and I've never been so glad to be done with a transaction before. We'd been dealing with a bunch of different family members, the "dad' was always calling & complaining that we couldn't do things his way on his timetable, and why couldn't we just trust him?

With all the upheaval over the van sale, Darrin called me on my phone and I ended up driving back down from Midway early to be there for the meeting with the van buyers, just to be sure nothing wierd went on.

Thursday was also stresful for other reasons. My babysitter for the conference canceled the night before, and left me scrambling. Darrin couldn't just do it, because HE was presenting at the BYU Computerized Genealogy conference in the afternoon. He ended up watching Brynn in the morning and taking her to a different babysitter in the afternoon.

And then Thursday morning Kyra woke up very sick. She spent three days on the couch with high fever, chills, headache, sore throat, cough, runny nose and red eyes. She's much better today, but missed the ward YW regional basketball game yesterday.

And today I spoke in Sacrament Meeting - my topic was "Women of the New Testament: Examples of Faith" I am glad it's over, speaking in Sacrament meeting is HARD for me. Give me a roomful of strangers and I can talk about vaginas and breasts without even blushing, but speaking in sacrament meeting gives me real anxiety!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home