Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What a week!

(and every bit of it is true, too!)
So Wednesday of last week was a pretty normal day. That evening we drove up and met Sarah & her kids at their hotel, where we swam for a couple hours. Brought Katie home with us for a slumber party. They girls all slept downstairs and had a blast.
The next day we met Sarah & the boys at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point, where they played around for a couple hours and then had lunch:



Then headed over to the petting zoo, where Brynn got in trouble:

And every kid got a pony ride and we went on a hayride:

Then everybody went home tired and exhausted. I even had a sunburn!
The next morning we got up and headed to the zoo with Darrin's parents and brothers. In spite of not having seen each other in over a year, Brynn and her cousin Sydnee (Dave's daughter, just 6 weeks older than Brynn) got along well:

Kyra also won the heart of Dave's youngest, Ashlyn:

We found out Dennis really does measure up (to an ape):


I got more sunburn, and the girls played together well:

Friday night we colored Easter eggs:

Saturday we went up to the Donaldson grandparent's house for an Easter dinner there. We let the kids hunt for eggs, colored more eggs, talked a lot, looked at old pictures, and ate some more. Brought the camera with us, but somehow got home without taking pictures.
Sunday we went to church in our Easter Dresses:

(Well, Darrin wore a suit, not an Easter dress. I'm sure you're all glad to hear that!)
That afternoon we went to the Lythgoe grandparents' house for another Easter dinner. More good food and lots of talking. Dave & Jenny are here from VA, and Charlie brought his girlfriend and her 2 daughters, so it was a bigger group than we've had lately. Once again, the camera made it there, but no pictures got taken!
As that was winding down, I got a call from my client that she was in early labor but not ready for me yet. I went to bed early, but woke up Monday morning at the usual time and hadn't heard anything, which left me wondering. They called at 7:30 am and asked me to come.

Longest. Birth. Ever.

I got home last night (That's TUESDAY, about 36 hours later!) at around 10 pm. Good thing I love what I do! I really enjoyed this couple, the nurse was fabulous, and the midwife is a friend of mine and one of the best around. It was very slow, but everything went well.
I would have loved to have a relaxing day today resting and recovering, but no such luck. I started out the day with a faculty meeting for the college, taking Brynn to preschool, birthday shopping for Brynn, helping in Callie's class at school, and doing a couple loads of laundry. And that was all before lunch. The afternoon was only slightly better. Still tons of stuff to do, but at least all of it was at home!
I'm going to bed now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

Just reading your post makes me want to take a nap - you must be exhausted!!! It sounds like everyone had a lot of fun!

12:12 PM  
Blogger timdonaldson said...

It was a lot of fun getting together for Easter on Saturday. Kyra is one heck of a football player.
By the way, isn't it supposed to be Spring? What is with all the 45 degree days?

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home