Monday, July 21, 2008

Harbor Cruise

After my walk all around the park, I walked over to the harbor for the hourlong harbor cruise I'd booked. I rode on a paddle wheeler very much like the one I rode on at Lake Tahoe:

We saw all kinds of things around the harbor - good views of the skyline:



Canada Place, the big convention center (not the one where my conference was, though) and the place where cruise ships come and dock as well:

The media center/addition to Canada Place that is under construction where all the news coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympics will come from:

The massive ships and cranes in the port:

Closeups of the float planes landing and taking off:


And some of the things I'd walked by that morning. Here you can see the lighthouse and Lion's Gate Bridge from the water:

Not only was it beautiful, it just plain felt great to sit down for a while and let the cool sea breezes blow over me!

1 Comments:

Blogger timdonaldson said...

There's nothing like the Ocean. I've been missing it this time of year.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home