Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend!

We had a busy, busy, busy weekend!
We'll start with Thursday night, Kyra's first play. This was the play where she wouldn't tell us what her role was. The entire play was a series of short skits called "Thursday Night Live" (Original, eh?) and was written, produced, directed and acted by the students.
Kyra was in 2 of the skits. The first was a skit where she and a bunch of other students were mannequins that came to life and scared the janitor as they danced around.
The second skit was her starring role. She was (drumroll, please) "Flora the Explorer" and the whole skit was a parody of "Dora the Explorer" very funny and well done. She did a great job of getting the audience to participate and had some of the biggest laughs from the audience as well.
I took some video which isn't that great, so I'll not waste a half hour uploading it, you'll just have to trust me, she was good! Here is a picture we took afterwards:

Friday night Darrin & I went out & saw "27 Dresses" which was a cute chick flick movie.
Saturday we went to my mom & dad's house for dinner and to meet their cat, Dylan.

Callie was thrilled to be able to spend so much time playing with him. Dylan is a very fun, energetic cat and was willing to play the whole time we were there.

Brynn laughed and laughed and laughed at the cat's antics. She laughed about it most of the way home, too! But she was also fascinated by grandpa's magnifier, and I caught this great picture:

Brynn & Grandma Marge also did a puzzle together:

(Kyra was there, too, I swear! Apparently I never pointed the camera her way.)
Sunday after church I went home teaching with Darrin and then we went to the Lythgoe's for Dennis' birthday party. We mostly had a fun evening, but halfway through the evening they got a call informing them of Pres. Hinckley's death, which kind of put a damper on things.
We're in the middle of our second snowstorm of the week - with more to come on Friday - and I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of SPRING! When I went to pick up Callie, Brynn and a friend of Brynn's at school the other day, there was SO much snow that I got stuck in the parking lot and had to dig out the wheels. My entire windshield was covered enough that I needed to brush it off (too much for the wipers) in the 5 minutes it took to walk over and meet the girls by their classes! I am SO grateful I decided to take some time off from births and have not been on call this month!
Want to see what else I have been working on this week? CLICK HERE! I have been helping with putting the program together, getting it approved for continuing education hours, and I designed the whole web site (including the logos and graphics) myself!
And tonight........ parent orientation for the HIGH SCHOOL! Yes, Kyra will be at the high school next year. Plus the informed me the other day that this time next year she can have her driving permit. YIKES!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

Go Kyra! Next stop...the red carpet! Good job on your doula website. Pretty impressive. I can't imagine who taught you to set up a website?

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home