Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Dinner

We spent Christmas afternoon & evening with my parents, Doug & Marge. The girls showed off a few of their new toys and we exchanged gifts with this set of grandparents. My parents gave me a sign that reads "Ask not what mom can do for you, ask what you can do for mom" I love it! I managed to snap this great picture of my mom with my girls:

Callie brought her new microscope, and she spent much of the day finding different things to look at. Here she is looking at the tablecloth:

She particularly enjoyed looking at the different foods we ate. I don't think there was anything we ate that she didn't inspect on a microscopic level. I managed to take a few pictures through the microscope. Any guesses on these foods?


We had a big turkey dinner, complete with Christmas crackers:

and the little paper hats that come in them:

After dinner we talked some more and looked for Waldo until dessert.

Dad lit the candles on his Christmas candle ring:

And I had brought snowballs for dessert. I had to make them myself, as I doubt anyone makes them any more. (I looked!)

And naturally we had to sing "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" for mom before we could eat! It was fun to share that tradition with my girls, I don't think we've done it any other year since they were born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home