Monday, January 21, 2008

In context

Note: If you haven't read my post below called "Out of Context" you might want to read it first. Otherwise none of this will make sense!

1. Brynn was taking a bath. She was supposed to be washing herself while I went to get jammies form her room. Instead, she was playing with a dolphin. When I walked back into the bathroom, she thought she could fool me into thinking she was washing by rubbing the dolphin in her armpits. I was not fooled.

2. Callie & Brynn were having an argument about whether or not buffalo tongues were slimy (I have no idea how that got started) and asked me to cast the deciding vote. I told them to go ask dad, because he was once licked by a buffalo. It was back when he was in college, doing an internship for the Deseret News, and he was interviewing a buffalo farmer up in Heber. And just to show I'm not making it up, here is Darrin with the buffalo, either right before or right after the licking.



3. Brynn was doing a homework assignment for school where she traced 3 family members feet and had to measure them using "non-standard" measurement. She had just come running to me to tell me that my feet were THIRTEEN ALMONDS LONG!!!!! and I sent her to go back and finish the last one.

So there you have it - perfectly reasonable explanations for all of them!

And as a side note, last night when we went to bed, there was NO snow. We woke up to this:

Yep, that's about 14 inches of snow, and it's still coming down! Kyra & Brynn are out playing in it right now.
Callie is feeling much better today, her fever is under 100 finally, and the swelling in her throat is way down. She's hopeful she'll be able to go to school tomorrow, but since her voice is still really bad and she's not able to eat normally yet, I don't think it's looking good. Poor kid couldn't even cheer on the Patriots yesterday:



But Brynn had the perfect solution:



Kyra was excited to see Darth Vader playing, but was glad that the Dark Side lost the game:



And Brynn made a bigger & better set of signs to hold up. If only she was better about knowing WHEN to cheer for the defense. She was cheering for the defense when Brady was intercepted in the end zone, so you can all blame her.



She also announced in Primary that daddy stayed home to watch the Patriots game, conveniently leaving out Callie's sickness.

Darrin & I went to see "Lend Me a Tenor" at the Hale Centre Theatre Friday night. You know it is a classy place because they spell everything with an "re" instead of an "er". It was a funny play, very well done.

And I think that is about all there is to say.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like Brynn keeps you on your toes. Love reading about your family.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

I know a place that doesn't have any snow right now if you wanted to come for a visit....

3:34 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Hi there, This is Bonnie's mom. Don't know if she sent pictures your way for Brynn but I am doing that now. AND....it turns out that know your friend, Heather!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home