Sunday, August 26, 2007

Last week of summer vacation!

So Monday we got the new garage doors and finally got our Kyra back. She had a wonderful time and as soon as she gets her pictures off her computer (and has a photo exchange with Katie - they each got half a trip's pictures) I'll have some to post here.
Wednesday morning we went with my friend Andrya & her kids to a place called Backyard Adventures - they have a big room full of inflatable slides, jumping rooms, etc and another big room full of big, fancy swingsets. The kids had lots of fun!


We also went to the library that afternoon to get a few more books to last us the last few days of summer vacation. As is typical, Brynn picked hers out in 30 seconds flat, and the bigger kids took much longer. Brynn always likes to spend the time waiting doing puppet shows for me on the little puppet theater int he children's section.

Friday I canned peaches I got from Marti. I am always tempted to eat them right away, but then what would be the point of all that work preserving them if I didn't use all that preservation? So I'll wait and really enjoy them some December morning for breakfast!

Saturday we went to my nephew Ben's birthday party at a lovely park up on Traverse Ridge. I'll leave it to Tim to post pictures of the birthday boy, but here are a few of my gang at the party. (Since for once I actually had the camera AND remembered to use it, I must make record of this feat by posting the pictures!)



We went the complete opposite direction that afternoon to see my mom & dad and help them get their computer network up & running. While I did pull out the camera to show the pictures from the party to my mom, I never did take any pictures up there. DOH!
On the eve of the first day of school, I'll leave you with one final picture. When your kids get to be teenagers, there are not as many firsts for the baby book. But when we were up at Ben's party, Brynn showed me something Kyra did that is a first for Kyra. Her first graffiti! (That I know of). I told her that her punishment for defacing public property would be its publication on the blog, so everyone feel free to ask her about it and tease her a tiny bit, too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Real said...

What a cruel, cruel punishment for Kyra! How ever did you think up something so evil?

7:34 AM  
Blogger Utahdoula said...

I just figured it she wanted it to be public, she'd get PUBLIC!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

L.K.? I can't think of a single Star Wars or Harry Potter character with the initials are L.K.???

2:29 PM  
Blogger Utahdoula said...

LK is a real-life kid at school.....

3:13 PM  
Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

She forgot to tell me about that!!!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa.... love ya babe ;)

~Steph

PS defacing public property is fun... we sould go do it sometime... mwa ha ha haha >;)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home