Thursday, August 02, 2007

Too funny to wait

Conversation I just overheard between Callie & Brynn as they look at the book of pictures I drew in kindergarten:
Callie: Look, mom drew Mike as a baby. He's a lot bigger now, isn't he?
Brynn: Yeah, he's the biggest man I ever met!
Callie: And there's Matt, remember when they came and we saw them at the house with the slide off the deck?
Brynn: Yeah.
Callie: This one's Jo-jo. I don't know her. Maybe she died like Ben.
Brynn: I didn't know I had an aunt Jo-jo.
Callie: Yep, there's Matt, Leslie, Sarah, Mike, Jo-jo, Ben, Tim and Stephen. But Stephen is imaginary, so mom didn't draw him.
Brynn: She didn't draw Ben or Tim, either.
Callie: They weren't born yet. Neither was Leslie. She's the youngest.
Brynn: Why didn't mom draw Brittany?
Callie: Because Brittany is our aunt because she married Tim, she's not mom's sister. She's a sister-IN-LAW. I don't know why they call it "in-law" but they do.
Brynn: Is Sarah an "on-law" sister?
Callie: No, she's mom's sister.
Brynn: Maybe Jo-jo is an "on-law" sister.
Callie: Let's ask mom.
Leslie, they think it is very funny that you were once called Jo-jo, don't be surprised if they start calling you that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

I think I remember Jo-Jo. She died when I went to school. Very tragic. RIP

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home