Sunday, July 29, 2007

Comparatively boring!

This week was just plain dull compared to last week. I have been busy catching up on errands and laundry, and I've been flooded with calls from potential clients.
Monday night we went to the Pioneer Day parade float preview party. They've got most (but not all) of the floats at the SouthTowne Expo center and anyone can go see them for free. The last couple years we've done this instead of the parade, and we really like it. It is air conditioned, less crowded, and you can see the floats up close and on both sides. Plus we get to vote for the People's Choice Award (and the kids get to vote for the Children's Choice!)
Here are some pictures:




We went over to Dennis & Marti's house to watch the parade on TV the next morning. She made pancakes & bacon and we had a nice breakfast. We enjoyed spending time with Spencer & Bonnie, who just moved back to Utah after Spencer got his law degree in Virginia. They'll be living and working in Odgen - he's doing some kind of clerkship in a court or prosecutor's office or something. I forget the details. (Tim, I gave him your number since he'll be taking the Utah Bar sometime soon.)

We had quite the thunderstorms here Thursday night. I was caught in it driving home from the hospital after teaching Thursday night. I managed through lightning strikes close enough I saw sparks flying from where it hit, power outages, and flooded streets, and through it all about the heaviest rain I've ever had. My fastest wiper speed wasn't enough. But I really felt sorry for the poor teenager I saw in an old Suzuki Samurai with no top on it. No doors, either. AND the poor kid wasn't even wearing a shirt! But I made it home and 2 of my 3 kids slept right through it all!

And finally, I have decided to go to the Lamaze International conference in Phoenix this September, so I have been having fun getting registered and buying my airplane tickets, etc.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

What? You don't go to the parade anymore?? Lightweight!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home