Friday, August 03, 2007

More trip pictures

Got my film developed, and I have a few favorites I want to share (You can click on any of them to see them bigger):
This one is Grand Prismatic Spring. It is amazingly blue and surrounded by wide rivulets of hot water that support all different colors of microbes. Red and Yellow are hotter, blue and green cooler. But that's all relative, because "cooler" is still above boiling! Behind the spring, you can see the effects of the big Yellowstone fires in 1988. The effects were everywhere, and it was quite shocking to see it in person and see how widespread they were!

The next two show a rainbow effect that is interesting, plus I like how you can see through the clear water so well. This is a spring that is at West Thumb Basin but I don't remember the name of it:



This picture I took in Grand Teton National Park on our way to the Bar J for dinner. I thought it turned out pretty good when you consider I took it from the car while we were going 50+ mph! (Yes, Darrin was doing the driving):

At Big Springs, I tried my new filter that is supposed to reduce the reflections off water so you can take pictures of things in the water. As you can see, it worked pretty well! (I wish I'd thought to put it on at those deep springs in Yellowstone!)

This last one is a sunset from the cabin that I took on the last night we were there:

2 Comments:

Blogger Real said...

Gorgeous!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Awesome pictures. I may steal a few...I especially liked the sunsets you got...

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home