Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Day 1 - Off to the great adventure!

Left home about 10, stopped about 10 times for various people to use the potty. Kyra wasn't feeling well. I should probably give a little background on that.
On Thursday morning, I got a call from the girl's camp director that Kyra had had a seizure that morning. I drove up to get her, and she looked awful. I took her to the pediatrician, who thought, based on Kyra's description of her experience and what the camp director told me, that in fact it wasn't a seizure, but rather simple fainting. We were relieved, took Kyra home, kept her well fed and hydrated, and she slept most of the day. But her headache never went away.
The next morning, she had a fever of 102 and said her throat felt "tight" so back to the doctor we went! I insisted on a strep test, wanting to know one way or the other before we made a decision about the trip, and it was positive for strep. So we got her on antibiotics and she pretty much slept away another day. The doctor felt we would be fine to still go on the trip as long as Kyra still wanted to.
By Saturday morning she was feeling much better, but still tired and so she slept a lot of the way up to Idaho.
So we stopped at the Idaho Falls Temple:

And at a few cemeteries to visit Darrin's ancestors. ("because it wouldn't be Lythgoe family vacation if we didn't visit dead people!" as Kyra put it. Those pics are on the genealogy site if you care)
We finally arrived at the cabin. It was so beautiful! Here are some pictures of the cabin and view from the cabin, taken all throughout the week:




These are all just the pictrues from Darrin's camera. If I have any fantastic shots when I get my film back, I may post some of those, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Great updates..you got some good pictures- I especially like the one of the lake at sunset.

9:03 PM  
Blogger timdonaldson said...

Poor Kyra- that is awful. I hope she is better. Great pictures- it looks beautiful up there.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home