Saturday, March 15, 2008

Busy! Busy! Busy!

So this week has just been crazy! Monday morning I hosted a Utah Doula Association board meeting at our house. Then I packed up and checked into a hotel downtown for the Midwives' College faculty retreat. Which would better be termed "marathon meeting" since we worked straight through our meals! Got home around bedtime Tuesday.
Wednesday was catching up on stuff around the house, helping in kindergarten, holding a prenatal with a client, and working on my assignments from the faculty retreat.
Thursday Darrin was home from work and we got ready for the BYU conference. That night was the first Seussical performance.
Friday was the BYU Computerized Genealogy Conference, where were were exhibitors/vendors.

Fran VanBruggen (a distant Donaldson cousin) was there and I got the chance to visit with her for a bit. Darrin also saw Sister Edmunds, who they knew in MA. Also met several people who use our software and love it.
Today I came up with a new marketing technique for the software. I was waiting in line in the women's room when someone asked about the software. Then someone else overheard us and asked questions. Before I knew it, I had THREE women very interested in the software and wanting to buy it. So for future conferences, Darrin will staff the regular booth and I'll hang out in the women's bathroom!
This morning Darrin started out the day alone at the conference. I stayed here because I had an event to attend!

Callie & Brynn performed magic tricks. First Callie cut a mobius strip in half - but still only had one piece!

Then Brynn made George Washington stand on his head:

Callie repaired a broken toothpick:

Brynn tried to do a card trick, but talked out loud to remind herself of the steps and gave away the trick when she said "now you switch the piles really fast when no one is looking"! As least she got a good laugh!

And finally, Callie made her friend Bob, the film cannister ghost, pop out of his house, scaring all the small kids in the front row.


Fortunately, Simon Cowell didn't show up and so there was only applause and certificates for all the performers in this morning's talent show!


As soon as the magic was over, I headed down to BYU to help Darrin through the busiest part of the day, then returned home and am FINALLY getting lunch at nearly 4 pm. Now all I have left to do today is laundry, make & clean up dinner, clean up the house so we are ready for Kyra's friends to come over for a quick dinner before tonight's stake dance, drive everyone to the dance, and give baths to the younger kids. I don't know how late Darrin will stay at the conference, but I'm hoping I won't do it all alone!

2 Comments:

Blogger timdonaldson said...

Like we were taliking about, I know the feeling... like the ropes are tied around all 4 limbs, and tied to 4 horses who are runnng in all which directions.

No rest for the wicked I guess...

7:38 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

That is a very, very busy week. Hope you survived and got some good rest yesterday.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home