Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Brynn's fun day!

So today was a great day for Brynn. It started early with practice for the school Christmas Choir. That might not seem so great to you, but Brynn has seen her big sisters in the choir her whole life and she's thrilled to actually be in it this year, too.
Then she & I went out to breakfast. She had chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream.

Then back to the school for a FIELD TRIP! Not her first field trip (they walked to Albertson's earlier this year) but her first BUS trip. She was scared about riding the bus, since the bus driver had visited her class yesterday and told them they had to be their own seatbelts. Apparently he didn't tell them HOW to do that and she was worried she wouldn't do it right.
But she knew she would have a buddy and promised to be brave and did great. They went to the children's theater and saw a play called "The Nightengale", which Brynn tells me is "About a bird that couldn't sing when it was in a cage and the king was mad and the two bad guys made everything burn up."
Here she is getting off the bus at the end of the day:

Then we went back home for lunch and then back to the school again, this time because I was scheduled to be the "Art Mom" for Callie's class. Brynn got to play with legos in the back of the classroom while I taught the kids about Jackson Pollack and helped them make a Pollack style piece of art.
Home again and Brynn got to play 3 straight HOURS with playdough. Making up long storylines for all the things she was making.
So lots of fun all in one day for one little girl. Tonight when I got back from meeting with a client I found her awake in her room listening to music. I asked her if she was OK and we had the following conversation:
Brynn: I can't sleep. I'm too confused.
Mom: What are you confused about?
B: This song! (It was a song called "Never Smile at a Crocodile")
M: Why does it confuse you?
B: Because it says we should never smile at a crocodile, but Jackson (her best kindergarten friend, not her cousin) LOVES crocodiles, and I think he probably can't help smiling when he sees one, and I think that might be breaking the rules. But is it a rule or just a song?
M: It's just a silly song. It's OK for Jackson to smile at crocodiles.
B: Thanks Mommy. Now I can sleep. I'm not confused any more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

How fun to spend the morning together! What CD does she listen to??

10:36 PM  
Blogger Spencer said...

Great shot of Brynn with her pancakes. Sounds like a great morning!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home