Sunday, November 25, 2007

The bishop is MISSING!

Brynn got a little worried in church today when it was announced that the bishop was missing today and a member of the high council was there. She thought he was missing in the "No one knows where he is" kind of missing, when really, he was just out of town. Her panic and worry for him was kind of sweet, actually, but made the people all around us laugh.
Not much new here since Thanksgiving. We've just been relaxing around the house and avoiding the crowds. Brynn has been very interested in building with blocks lately.

Tonight we had a fun family night (I'm teaching on Mondays right now) where Brynn taught us a lesson about why we have to go to church. She included as part of her lesson a new game she learned in Primary today: Hangman! Or more accurately, Hangturkey! After the leson, we played hangturkey a few more times (only once did the turkey get hung, when Kyra picked the word "Brouhaha") and then had a treat of truffles made by Callie.

This was a really easy recipe she found online and she was able to make them without much help at all. 3 cups good quality real chocolate chips and 1 small can sweetened condensed milk, melted together in the microwave and stirred smooth. Then add 1 tablespoon vanilla and stir until smooth. Chill 2 hours, then form into small balls and roll into toppings. We used powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder and wheat germ. We would have done coconut if I'd had any. Finely chopped nuts might have been good, too.
Callie still loves to cook and has specifically asked for "more recipes" for Christmas so if you have any to send me that are kid friendly and not too hard to make, I'd love to have them!
This week should be fun, with the Festival of Trees and decorating our own house for Christmas. I'll keep you all posted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

I have THE BEST and EASIEST recipe for sweet and sour chicken. I've considered posting it on my blog, it's that good!! I guess I have to now! :) I'll post it in the next couple days.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Matt Donaldson said...

"Brouhaha" is so good it's almost not fair.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home