Sunday, June 10, 2007

School's OUT!

This week has been crazy. Every single night there has been multiple places everyone needed to be. Quick overview:
Monday: Darrin had a softball game, I had a dinner at the Midwives College. I never made it to the dinner, because when I was a few blocks away I got called to a birth and was up all night.
Tuesday: I tried to spend most of the day sleeping, with little success. Easy evening - I was teaching a class, everyone else stayed home.
Wednesday: Last day of school - Callie came home and sobbed for a good half hour - she had a great year and really LOVED her teacher, Mrs. Miyake. I had another Midwives College event that evening, Darrin was working at the Family History library, Kyra had YW, and the whole family had a ward party. Luckily the ward party (an outdoor bike parade and picnic to celebrate the last day of school) ended up postponed due to bad weather.
Thursday: First full day of summer vacation. Got all the way to 9:42 am before I got the first "I'm bored! What can I do?" Darrin had a dinner for the Family History library, and I had to teach at the hospital again. And after I taught, I had to attend a mandatory hospital training from 9:30 - 10:30 pm.
Friday: We went to the library and let the kids get tons of books & videos to hopefully stave off boredom. FINALLY everyone home on the same night. Except Callie who had a sleepover with a friend.
Saturday Darrin ran an early morning 5K in our neighborhood, I had a prental visit with a client later on in the morning, we got yard work done, grocery shopping, baths, housecleaning, and Darrin & I went looking for new couches again and bought a new piece of furniture for our landing. There are cubby-holes for backpacks and baskets for scarves, gloves, etc. Darrin & I will share, each girl has their own basket and spot for a backpack. It will come in handy now that it is summer and there's no school. Here's a picture.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

Way to get organized! I love it!!! You go girl!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home