Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Crown Birthday, Callie!

A Crown Birthday is a very special birthday in South Africa, where Darrin served his mission. It is your crown birthday when your age matches the date of your birth. Since Callie is turning 11 on the 11th, today is her crown birthday!
I'm not going to redo an entire video, so I'll just post this year's stocking picture and the video I made last year with all the others:


Here are some of my favorite pictures of Callie taken this year, along with my thoughts:

Callie is a real thinker. While we were testing the lights, I caught her lying down, gazing into the lights, just thinkin'
She LOVES to cook, and is always getting better at it. Someday I may just make her family chef and then Darrin & I won't have to cook any more. (I wish!)
She's very talented. Here she is with her trophies from the the school reflections contest. One for photography, one for poetry.
Let's not forget how much she LOVES science! Science fair projects are exciting for her.
She is a great big sister. Brynn LOVES to play with her!
She also loves all kinds of living creatures. Bugs, furry creatures, and even this SNAKE she found by the river near Sarah's house!
As a bat for Halloween. She almost always chooses costumes no one else thinks of, so I have to make them for her. This year was no exception. You would think there were bat costumes out there, but no, only batMAN.
Isn't she pretty? Taken at the Oregon Coast Aquarium.
She's always wanting to look around and explore, she's very observant. In this picture she's looking at shorebirds nesting on a rock just of Yaquina Head Oregon.
Callie with two of her favorite things: Books and Cats! I think this bookstore in Seaside may very well have been her favorite place on our vacation. She made us go back for a second visit!
She can be very silly and goofy. I love that about her!
She and Kyra are also very close. Sometimes I have to tell them to stop talking and focus on other stuff, like getting to school on time!
This fun facepaint was a highlight of her summer. Animal Planet came to Liberty Park.
Hiking in the mountains near our house.
Don't you just love her smile? She is a very happy kid.
Fun self portrait we took at the park this summer.
Twirling in our living room!

With her good friend Andrian on a road trip to Utah County for a homework assignment. I think this is Bridal Veil Falls.
More silliness and cooking!
Happy Birthday Callie, I love you very much!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Behunin said...

Happy Birthday cute girl!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home