Friday, January 12, 2007

Cabin Fever!

This week has been more craziness with planning the conference. We went live with registration, and it looks like people are really excited about the conference. Registrations are pouring in! Which is GOOD - as we've already bought enough supplies for 50 attendees!

But this week has also brought lots of cabin fever. Monday morning I woke up to the sounds of a child throwing up, which meant an end to my plans to run errands and get things done during preschool. Instead I spent the day doing laundry and rationing out saltines and juice.

Wednesday was a little better - I was able to get out and do a few errands, as well as go help in Callie's class. Callie's teacher is the most high-energy teacher I've ever known. She really demands a lot from the kids, but she has the kind of personality that all the kids just love her to death and want to do anything to please her. It's perfect for Callie - and she's been able to just learn at her own rate for a lot of things.

Thursday I was stuck at home waiting for someone to come get some things for the conference - go figure she never showed. But we had a big snowstorm and got about 6-8 inches of snow, and the plows didn't show up in our neighborhood until about 5:30 pm, so I may not have gone anywhere anyway.

And then Thursday night the deaded tummy bug returned to plague the third of my children. So today looks to be yet another day where I don't leave the house. I canceled a meeting with some other doulas, I'll skip the open house at Kyra's school, and once again put off my errands. If there is no more thowing up, I may try and leave Kyra in charge and slip out for a bit this afternoon, as I still have a big list of errands that need to get done and we're running low on milk, bread, etc.

I can only hope & pray the adults don't get it.

Darrin is also knee deep in preparing for the Genealogy Jamboree in St. George next month, where he and I will be exhibitors demonstrating his software. We've done this a few times before - twice at BYU conferences, once at a large national conference at the Salt Palace. It can be boring at times, crazy at others, but has always increased sales, so we keep doing it. Plus, it will be the closest thing we'll get to a romantic weekend away this year. (Yeah, yeah, I know, not close at all! But the kids won't be with us, so that counts for something, right?)

2 Comments:

Blogger timdonaldson said...

How weird; we had Grant throw up Monday, Benjamin Tuesday, and then Grant Thursday again. Strange.
It is gross, but a parent is never more proud of a kid than when they heroically get it into the bowl.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Utahdoula said...

If only they's made it into the bowl, I would be happy....

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home