Sunday, May 17, 2009

Catching up!

Oh my it has been a crazy month! I've posted a bunch of stuff, you may want to go back to the post about Brynn's birthday and read them in chronological order. I think this is my 8th post for today.
Some hodgepodge catching up that isn't really worthy of its own post:
1. Kyra attended the drama club banquet and won an award for best stage makeup. She's been learning it in her theater class and is pretty good. Some examples:



2. Kyra's been very busy with rehearsals. First for the one act plays, then for the one act plays AND the Draper Temple Celebration simultaneously, and now just for the temple thing. Plus end of the year stuff, like the AP test and other big projects and tests for school. Plus she's learning to drive and will be taking driver's ed this summer.
3. We found termites in our house. Sigh. Dealing with it.
4. Mother's Day was fun, and I didn't even have to do a birth! (Mother's Day is the only holiday I've ever missed for a birth before. And when I had a client a week over due, well, it could have easily happened!) We just stayed home all day (except for church) and relaxed.
5. Kyra's getting a real interest in photography, and she's pretty good! I'm going to start teaching her some things. Here's an example - she had this picture framed in a rich wood frame and gave it to me for mother's day:

It's nice to share that interest!
6. I have had my first practice sessions with pretend-clients-who-are-really-friends. I did maternity shots of my friend Angie and newborn shots of her baby Piper afterwards. The maternity ones are on my photography blog, the newborn ones are not ready yet. I've been immersed in learning to edit photos as part of this. I'm also doing quite a bit of practice and trying to learn how to better use my camera. It's almost an obsession.... Here are some pictures I took of the girls with my new black background:



(yes, I did buy this the day Kyra learned to do wound makeup in her theater class...)
7. End of semester and beginning a new semester at the Midwives' College is always time consuming. We're implementing the 6 new courses I wrote earlier this year.
8. I've done 2 births since I last blogged.
9. Got our garden cleared, tilled and planted!
So you see how crazy (in a fun and adventurous way) the last month has been? No wonder I haven't blogged!
You may all now stop bugging me about blogging...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home